Chef De Partie
Chef De Partie
Location: Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 5UE
Salary: Depending on experience
Set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside Heythrop Park Resort boasts two individual hotels including Crowne Plaza. The two hotels provide over 350 bedrooms, state-of-the-art meeting facilities for up to 450 delegates plus 4 bars and 4 restaurants. Also located at the Resort is an 18 hole championship standard golf course and a Health Club with spa treatment rooms.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chef de Partie who would like to join our Brigade in a very busy kitchen.
You need to be friendly and professional at all times, need to demonstrate that you are flexible and organised and be able to work under pressure.
Key responsibilities of the Chef De Partie:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your section
- Managing and training any Demi-Chefs or Commis working with you
- Helping the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety at all times
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- To develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with the rest of the team and other colleagues
- To report equipment faults and defects.
The Ideal Chef De Partie will have:
- Great cooking skills
- A cool head
- An ability to delegate appropriately
- An organizational flair
- A grasp of profit margins
For Conference & Banqueting we can cater for up to 600 delegates. In our a la carte Restaurant we cater for up to 300, in our Brassey Bar for up to 150 and for breakfast for up to 500 guests. Therefore previous experience working in a 4* hotel with multi outlets is essential.
This is a full time position working 45 hours over a 5 day period, including working on weekends and bank holiday. The shift pattern is early, mid and late shifts.
Heythrop Park Resort is not connected to public transportation therefore candidates need to have their own transport.