Community Support Worker
Community Support Worker
Salary £13,671 p.a.
Temporary until March 2017
Our client is seeking an experienced Community Support Worker to join their well established business. As Community Support Worker you will be responsible to support and encourage people to have a disability to participate in meaningful activities, new experiences and opportunities which will meet their individual needs in the most appropriate ways.
Flexibility is required in this role and you will be required to travel directly to and from all projects within the Stockport Borough in order to provide the necessary support to their clients.
As Community Support Worker your main roles & responsibilities include:
• Engaging with clients to support them with all physical tasks necessary for their comfort and assist clients in making full use of all available resources to develop new skills
• Keeping accurate daily records as required and providing support to parents / professionals to ensure clients’ needs are met
• Developing and writing development plans for clients
• Liaising with client facilitators as required and providing feedback on clients and their progress
• Participating in planned supervision/performance and monitoring sessions and appropriate in house and/or external training and development sessions / days
• Complying with Health & Safety policies and procedures
What you need:
• NVQ qualification or equivalent care experience is advantageous – or willingness to work towards
• Ability to record accurate information and to communicate with a wide range of clients/ their families/carers
• Understand the needs of people with a disability and the issues they face in the community and support individuals with personal care and hygiene
• Respect colleagues and clients’ attitudes, beliefs and traditions
• Be prepared to raise any concerns with management regarding discrimination on the grounds of age, race, sexuality, religion or belief, gender or disabilities or other protected characteristics including any concerns with management with regard to mistreatment / abuse
• Be punctual and meet the standard of attendance required
• Implement safe guarding best practice and the importance of Health & Safety across all areas of the business
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Community Support role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.