Cook - The Abbeyfield Society, Girton Green, Wellbrook Way, Cambridge, CB3 0GQ
Rate of pay is GBP8.62 per hour
At Abbeyfield we believe older people deserve time and respect. It's our mission to provide the best service of care and housing for all our residents, and to be a champion for older people. We have been a charitable housing organisation for nearly 60 years. Throughout this time our residents are always at the heart of what we do and the services we provide.
We are looking for a hardworking cook to join us at our well established independent Living complex for people over 55 years of age. This is a brilliant opportunity to progress your catering career and gain experience within a 76 apartment accommodation. We take the development of our staff seriously and provide excellent training and other development opportunities. The role will involve:
- Preparing and cooking meals to the standards set out in the company catering policy
- A genuine passion for cooking, with creativity
- Support kitchen assistants in their day to day work
- Working within the catering team to plan menus and consult residents ensuring that individual dietary needs and preferences are met
- Working within the catering team with ordering, checking in and controlling supplies.
If you have not heard back from us by 26th October your application has been unsuccessful