Assistant Membership Secretary
Here at Victory Services Club, we are looking to employ an Assistant Membership Secretary to be part of our team. You will be based at our Club in London and will receive a salary of £24,000 per annum plus benefits.
Victory Services Club is a tri-Service, all ranks, private military members’ Club for currently serving and retired members of the UK Armed Forces and allies. The Club offers a truly unique Club atmosphere, excellent service and value for money, impressive accommodation, and varied dining and events options.
The Club is a registered charity and has two charitable objectives: to provide a place for serving and ex-serving personnel to meet; and to support serving or ex-serving personnel who face hardship or distress, including those wounded as a result of operational service. Respite and Welfare Breaks are provided by the Club which is just one element of our wider activity in support of the second charitable objective.
As our Assistant Membership Secretary you will provide a first class membership service to the Club’s members. In addition, you will help develop and manage the Club’s delivery of its Second Charitable Objective: to support serving or ex-serving personnel who face hardship or distress.
The Assistant Membership Secretary, duties and key responsibilities:
- Processing Club membership applications and renewals.
- Processing subscription payments
- Managing telephone enquiries
- Managing answerphone enquiries
- Managing face-to-face enquiries from members and prospective members
- Conducting tours of the Club facilities for prospective or new members
- Monitoring the database of applications for membership that are pending for various reasons
- Managing the Respite and Welfare Breaks Scheme and liaison with other Club staff to ensure success
- Assisting the Membership Secretary in developing and delivering the programme of ‘Second Charitable Objective’ activities
To become our Assistant Membership Secretary you must have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of dealing with staff and the public in a customer service role
- Customer service orientated personality
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to process large amounts of data on a daily basis
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to represent the Club at various events where the Club is represented
- Ability to work flexibly and contribute as an effective member of a team
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows & the Internet
- NVQ Customer Service / Supervision
- Experience of previous employment in the Third Sector
- A working knowledge of Club or Hotel establishments
- An understanding of the Armed Forces
- BACS experience
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our Assistant Membership Secretary you will receive a salary of £24,000 per annum plus benefits including 20 days holiday per year, free meals on duty (conditions apply) and be part of our training and development programme.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Membership Secretary please click apply today.