BWP is an award winning integrated marketing agency, which guides brands through significant points of change. Whether creating a new brand, telling a new story or developing a new strategy to reach a new audience. We work together to understand our client’s commercial brand challenges and then shape our approach to ensure the client’s commercial destiny is achieved. We run our agency on four core values that affect every business decision we make. Ultimately, they outline for our staff and our clients what good looks like. BWP’s core values are passion from the outset, positive impact every time, respect for everyone and to consistently strive for excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join our unique Head Office team based in Marlow. It’s a creative fast paced team who enjoy what they do, we have a relaxed office dress code and culture along with some talented characters and whilst our Management Accountant will be highly skilled they will also be at home in a buoyant, fast paced and exciting head office environment.
Reporting into the Financial Director and supporting Client Services Director, Head of Strategy and the New Business Director our Management Accountant will the head up the agency’s finances, client financial dealings and assists with the implementation of reporting processes and procedures.
Management Accountant – Key Responsibilities
- Finance partner to client facing teams, responsible for financial management of client revenues (circa £4m) and to help make financial decisions regarding quotes and operational supplier costs
- Prepare regular client performance analysis for presentation to client leads
- Management of client forecasts and actuals, analysing the company performance and making longer term forecasts
- Assist the FD in the identification of risks and drive process
- Control improvements to increase efficiency and ensure spending is in line with operational budget.
- Preparation of monthly cash-flows and accruals
- Maintain up to date procedure documentation and policies
- Learn to a high standard and become a specialist with the company job system, training both current and incoming members of the team
- Ad hoc analysis for FD/CSD/HoS/NBD/CEO when required
- Support month end reporting
- Monitoring of time, quotes, jobs, purchases, invoicing and commission.
- Regular use of Sage 50 and Traffic Live system
Management Accountant – Key Skills/Experience
- Part qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Advanced Excel, Powerpoint, Office 365 and Sage skills
- Preferably experience of working in the Marketing and Communications industry and knowledge of an agency job system
- Ambitious, strong but flexible individual with exceptional communication skills up to and including stakeholder level
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised, analytical and enquiring in terms of approach
- Proactive with strong problem solving skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Strong work ethic, team player and commercially aware individual
Our Finance department is a crucial part of the agency’s success; supplying insight and assistance on all things numbers. Our Management Accountant would be a key part of the Agency and would be kept busy working on the below key areas as well as supporting the rest of the team. The role combines accounting skills, concise communications to both financial and non financial management that will enable them to improve values in the business. Our Management Accountant will possess a genuine desire to affect and improve on our business efficiencies.
The Management Accountant role offers a competitive basic salary and standard pension scheme.
Apply now to be considered for our Management Accountant role.