Retail Assistant Shop Manager
Overall purpose of the Charity:
The North West Air Ambulance Charity provides rapid pre-hospital care needed to make a life-changing difference. We operate three helicopters, flying 365 days a year with doctors and paramedics on board providing emergency medical treatment when time is crucial.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Retail shops are vital to raising funds and increasing public awareness of North West Air Ambulance Charity. Retail Shop Managers are pivotal to the success of the Charity, the roles requires a passion for the Charity, and we want to generate as much income as possible to ensure we can continue to provide rapid pre-hospital care needed to make a life-changing difference.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Sales and Profit
- To maximise sales and profits ensuring weekly targets are met.
- Maintain an appropriate income/expense budget in collaboration with the Retail Shop Manager/Regional Area Manager/Head of Retail and be accountable for achieving it.
- Seek, utilise and analyse management information including EPOS data to manage shop performance, seizing opportunities for improvement.
- Assist the Retail Shop Manager in managing the team to maximise income from Gift Aid on donated products
- Maximise the shop’s opening hours and ensure the shop is open and managed by the shop team in the managers absence.
- Inspire the team to provide a great customer service and donor experience, which attracts new supporters every day.
- Set high standards of cleanliness, display and merchandising.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of your team and customers.
- Establish quality standards, consumer safety and ensuring continuity.
- Represent a good quality of products, being responsible for sourcing sufficient levels of donated stock in collaboration with the wider Retail team.
- Ensure stock is appropriate to the business and priced accordingly
- Maintain a rigorous process of stock rotation, ensuring rotation within expiry dates