4 days left
- Full Time
Salary dependent on experience
To manage the production and logistics areas of the site, and to be responsible for all production and logistics staff based at the site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the production unit and the logistical collection and delivery of contaminated products to the site and the delivery of quality sterilised products to the customer.
- To monitor and control the use of capital equipment within recognised performance and efficiency measures.
- To assume prime site responsibility for all Health and Safety Policy issues ensuring that all activities comply with Health and Safety procedures and guidelines. To ensure that all designated staff are informed and trained appropriately.
- To act as site Fire Controller
- To proactively lead all staff putting forward suggestions for continuous improvement, innovation and corrective actions as appropriate and ensuring the implementation of all feasible suggestions
- To monitor and ensure that all product despatched conform to accepted Company Quality guidelines and procedures, engendering and promoting a quality centred Organisational culture
- To effectively control and manage the planned maintenance of the premises, resolving occurring faults, and effectively liaising with all personnel as required
- To effectively plan and schedule all production to the agreed specification to meet customer requirements
- To approve test reports on process equipment as User as defined in NHS guidance
- To actively monitor absence levels of staff maintaining and analysing data as appropriate, communicating with Team Leaders and members of staff, interviewing staff as required and referring employees to the Company Medical Advisor as required
- To coach, support and guide all staff in accordance with the principles of Synergy Health Performance Management policies and procedures, ensuring the successful operation of the system throughout the site, and to act as an induction mentor as required
- To agree appropriate financial parameters and budgets ensuring rigorous monitoring and complete adherence to financial targets
- To participate in the on call management service to maintain emergency services to the customer
- To lead and actively promote participation in all Company communications initiatives including Team Briefing, employee forums, and staff meetings as required
- To undertake any reasonable management request
- Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent experience in sterile services of a related discipline.
- Member of the Institute of Decontamination.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development and training.
- NVQ Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Hold a clean up to date full driving licence.
- Substantial previous experience of working in a sterile services environment including demonstrable experience of working at management level
- Experience of managing people and dealing with staffing issues.
- Awareness of quality systems and auditing procedures.
- Awareness of decontamination legislation relating to the reprocessing of re-usable medical devices.
- Ability to understand, interpret and resolve highly complex decontamination contract issues
- Interpersonal, influencing, negotiating and leadership skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Computer literate – competent user of MS Word and MS Excel.
- People management and people development kills.
- Work in a team environment
- Adopt a flexible approach to work
- Influence and facilitate problem solving and decision making processes
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Work in partnership
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- Pay attention to detail
- Produce high standards/quality work
- Must be willing to work flexible hours if the need arises.
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post including clearance on blood born viruses in compliance with company/customer policy
- Relevant Management Qualification
- H&S Qualification
- Fire Safety
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Managing People
- Financial awareness
- Experience of managing a budget in a commercial environment.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly