SEN Teaching Assistant
You will gain experience of working with children and be able to communicate effectively in a classroom situation. Working alongside various experienced school teachers and highly professional Senior Leadership team.
You will be flexible enough to supervise various subjects and have the ability to work professionally in a fast paced, ever changing school environment. Working closely to the schools' policies, you will be an advocate to the pupils and manage behaviour where needed.
With your interest in education from previous work or with a view to starting a career in teaching, a teaching assistant role could be the introduction you are looking for.
* Previous experience of working in a school, preferably within an SEN environment
* A patient approach towards working with children
* The willingness to learn and train on the job
* Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
* A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team
* A professional attitude;
* Working with small groups of pupils aged 7-16
* Working with pupils in a one to one setting
* Assisting the class teacher with lesson delivery
* Partaking in school trips and out of school activities
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from;
* A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist SEN consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and team teach
* Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
* Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it
To discuss in more detail, please contact the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.
" Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check "