Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager to join the team based in Thame. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of up to £55,000 + benefits.
Founded in 1985, Travelodge is the UK’s largest independent hotel provider, operating more than 500 hotels and 38,000 rooms across the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Spain. Our total turnover is in excess of £500m and we employ almost 10,000 people.
In the last two years, Travelodge has undergone a significant change programme as part of our journey to achieve our vision of becoming the UK’s favourite hotel for value. A major £100 million modernisation programme has been completed and all bedrooms now incorporate a modern new look and feature the Travelodge Dreamer bed.
To continue the journey to deliver change and improvements, we are looking for a change leader to head up a small team in our Central Operations Team.
As Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager, you will be:
- Designing and developing business improvement interventions to drive operational transformation in hotels
- Be accountable for ensuring optimal workforce planning across UK hotels in order to match supply with demand, whilst driving overall business improvements
- Co-ordinating cross functional teams that gather data to evaluate current processes and identify improvement strategies
- Maintaining and overseeing a structured list of live and potential continuous improvement projects at all levels
- Supporting the development of the hotel operations 3 year plan & customer experience strategy
- Overseeing workforce, activity and “flagship hotel” action planning
- Ensuring the delivery of key change initiatives to time and budget
- Coaching the central ops team to develop continuous improvement and change methodologies
- Developing relationships with senior & mid-level stakeholders in facilities, operations, commercial, marketing & HR
To succeed in the role as our Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager you’ll have a proven track record of leading and managing change initiatives and the ability to drive operational transformation within our hotels.
In addition you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders – internally and externally.
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Experience of using continuous improvement tools & methodology in the service sector
- Customer journey mapping would be desirable
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint advantageous
What you can expect from us Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and Recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and Development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
If you feel you are right candidate for the role as our Lead Business Improvement and Planning Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!