Title: Security Guard - Leeds
Department / Function: Operations ~ Facilities
Hours: 4 days on, 4 off. 4 nights on, 4 off
Salary: £21,000 - £22,000 plus benefits
A leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries is currently seeking a Security Guard to work in the Facilities team, based at our manufacturing site in Leeds.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly secure environment. Due to the nature of our business and our product, you will be required to operate at a critical level of security and vigilance. Working within a busy team, your responsibilities will be full and varied and will include:
* Maintaining the security of the site by carrying out regular patrols, monitoring CCTV surveillance and addressing any security breaches.
* Monitoring alarms and other technical equipment, including testing.
* Escorting visitors and contractors around the site, maintaining high levels of security at all times.
* Working with and maintaining fire safety systems (fire panels, fire testing etc)
* Carrying out random searches of personnel
* Co-ordinating fire evacuations from the Security Gatehouse, including establishing where alarms have been triggered, requesting assistance from the emergency services if necessary, distributing roll call lists and radios to fire marshalls, and ensuring that all employees have been accounted for.
* Ensuring all incident reports and site documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
* Providing first aid assistance to employees if required (full training will be given).
Successful applicants must possess the following:
* Previous experience in security procedures, ideally having operated in a highly secure environment.
* Experience of being responsible for fire evacuation procedures.
* Experience of CCTV operation.
* Current full Security Guard SIA Licence (Front Line Manned Guarding).
* Ability to remain calm and focused while working within a highly pressurised environment
* Capability to deal with both employees and visitors in a variety of settings, and in a professional and diplomatic manner
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Capacity to operate at consistently high levels of vigilance, with meticulous attention to detail
* Ability to be a good team player
* Willingness to take a flexible approach to work as will be required to work a variety of shifts
The company is a subsidiary of the globally renowned Corporation, which is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries.
Based in Leeds, our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility supplies lottery scratch card products to clients worldwide.
Please send us your details via 'Apply' (be sure to include a valid email address) and you will be emailed a link to apply online.