Trainee Planning Liaison Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Planning Liaison Manager to join the team based in Nottingham. You will be on a full time 3 year fixed term contract, with a highly competitive salary of £24,000 per annum.
Are you a recently graduated chartered town planner looking for your first job within the planning profession or a graduate planner seeking to expand your experience with a statutory consultee to the planning system?
Responsibilities as our Trainee Planning Liaison Manager
- Preparing consultation responses on planning applications to the coalfield local planning authorities across England, Scotland and Wales, taking on board technical advice from colleagues in other departments
- Drafting comments on emerging draft planning policy documents prepared by coalfield local planning authorities to ensure that the Coal Authority’s interests are addressed
- Supporting the development of commercial pre-application planning services for the development industry
- Either a Member of the RTPI or committed to completing the APC process to become MRTP
Our ideal Trainee Planning Liaison Manager
- A Master’s degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification) together with other appropriate qualifications to give eligibility for Licentiate Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy, legislation and the principles of the planning system
- A broad understanding of mining and mining legacy risks
This position as our Trainee Planning Liaison Manager would ideally suit a recently qualified chartered town planner either looking for their first role or someone currently in a graduate planner role who is looking to expand their experience by working for a statutory consultee to ensure safe and stable development in coalfield areas
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Trainee Planning Liaison Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!