Title: Management Accountant
Hours: Permanent / full time
Salary: £35-40k pa + benefits
Job Purpose: Qualified accountant to provide support to the Trading team in helping drive performance and company profitability. Key aspects of the role will be to improve understanding of, and as part of the team drive improvements in cash and % margin. A part of this role will also involve an element of system maintenance and problem solving and maintaining the integrity of the data used throughout the company.
Reports to: Head of Finance
Key Result Areas:
* To support the business with relevant financial data and information.
* To provide relevant data insight and analysis to support the business.
* Working closely with the Trading function to help understand the individual category performance.
* To co-ordinate, participate and drive the forecasting process within the Trading functions
Specific Areas of Work:
* Develop current reports and share best practise, creating consistent and effective ways of working.
* Administration of management reports using internal reporting procedures and systems.
* Investigate shipment data using internal reporting systems to provide accurate reports, taking action to correct any anomalies as required.
* Actively participate in projects to improve processes and IT systems that affect Finance and Trading.
* Provide Trading personnel guidance on understanding the financial P&L of their categories.
* Resolve Trading P&L queries
Job Skills and Competencies:
* Financially astute in understanding all P & L requirements.
* Able to combine commerciality, a positive pragmatic attitude and good communication skills at different levels across the business.
* Knowledge of Oracle systems and Cognos reporting
* Excellent financial and data analysis ability.
Drive for Results
* Highly motivated and results oriented.
* Analytical, uses a logical, systematic approach to problem solving.
* Adaptable and flexible, working with the wider business to find solutions to business problems and exploring opportunities.
* A dedicated team player with a 'can do' attitude.
* Ability to recognise tensions and pressures of the job in self and others and take relevant action.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal/presentation ability.
* Strong IT skills; highly computer literate.
* Demonstrated supply and stakeholder management ability; ability to influence colleagues at all levels across the business in order to effect required results.
* Excellent analysis and reporting ability; able to create accurate data reports for efficient production of management information to be maintained and analysed as required.
* Ability to understand and deliver relevant, specific and appropriate information on time and to the right people.
* One Team - working brilliantly together
* Easy to do Business with - keeping things simple
* Invested in our People - supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be
* Trusted Partner - doing what we say we will
* Forward Thinking - planning ahead and maximising our opportunities
* Honesty & Integrity - treating each other fairly with dignity and respect
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
Please click 'Apply' to forward your CV and cover letter.