Principality Building Society
Six figure executive package
Principality is one of the largest and financially strong building societies in the UK and the leading Society in Wales; comprising the building society, Principality Commercial and Nemo Personal Finance. In pursuit of their purpose “to help people prosper in their homes, at every stage of life”, the Society has pursued a focused growth strategy in its core mortgage and savings business:
- Increasing net mortgage lending by over £1.5Bn since 2012.
- Achieving record customer satisfaction scores.
- Building a strong balance sheet of c. £8Bn of assets.
- Supporting multiple charities and communities and establishing an innovative sponsorship deal with the WRU, including the naming of the iconic Principality Stadium.
This is a tremendous, high profile opportunity to lead a business with the scale to make an impact, that is also personal, trusted and engaged in its member communities. Against a background of accelerating change and increasing competition, the challenge is to lead the Society to further success, through helping more customers across generations create homes and feel financially secure.
- Lead the development and execution of the Group’s strategy in line with its purpose, values and mutual ownership.
- Champion exceptional customer service for members.
- Constructively engage with key stakeholders, including Welsh Government, businesses, colleagues and regulators.
- Determine and deliver the investment in capability, technology, and operating model necessary to cost effectively meet customer needs and expectations.
- Build and lead a high calibre executive team to effectively manage the financial and operational performance of the Society.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of consumer financial services and a track record of success at executive director level.
- Strategic and commercial thinking: ability to understand customer, market and digital opportunities and develop and implement commercially sound strategies.
- Proven ability to provide inspirational executive leadership and build and motivate teams to achieve stretching goals and objectives, particularly, in the context of operating model development and technology investment.
- Regulatory and risk awareness: an excellent understanding of public policy and regulation and the ability to evaluate and manage risk.
- Belief in the value of mutuality, commitment to engaging and supporting member communities and a passion for delivering excellent service.
How to apply
The preferred method of application is online at www.odgers.com/59663; if you are unable to apply online please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 59663. All applications will receive an automated response.
For enquires please contact Odgers Berndtson on 02920 783 050.