Permitting and Licensing Officer
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Permitting and Licensing Officer to join the team based in Nottingham. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of circa £24,000.
Are you from an engineering, mining or geotechnical background and would like to develop your knowledge and skills? We are looking for a permitting and licensing officer to tackle the challenges posed by historical mining to the development industry.
Responsibilities as our Permitting and Licensing Officer
- Working closely with the Permitting and Licensing Managers on assessing a wide range of development schemes across the coal fields
- Managing your own workload of permits and working closely with geotechnical engineers and developers
- Working with our engineers on assessing proposals for remediating mining features and assessing the risk on development proposals
- Supporting the development of commercial permitting and planning services for the development industry
- Managing and undertaking licensing work in relation to coal mining operations
Our ideal Permitting and Licensing Officer
- Some understanding of mining and mining risk
- Experience and/or a relevant degree in a geological or structural/civil engineering discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
The role as our Permitting and Licensing Officer would ideally suit somebody with engineering, mining or geotechnical experience seeking to develop their knowledge and technical skills in the development industry
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Permitting and Licensing Officer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!