Halliwell Homes is currently recruiting for Teachers to join our team at Halliwell Education.
Location: Hyde (SK14)
Salary: £22,904 to £27,527 per annum depending on skills and experience
Start Date: Immediately
Would you like to be part of a team that makes a genuinely positive difference to the lives of children?
Halliwell Homes is a leading independent, Social Enterprise that works with ‘looked after children’ who are in need of specialist care services in the North West England. We provide clinically informed practice, a place where children can recover from experiences of abuse, neglect and trauma.
You will be working with support teaching staff, residential therapeutic parents and social workers to create the best possible educational outcomes for pupils. This post will provide an opportunity to lead, challenge and innovate whilst directing the school to continue its journey from 'Good' to 'Outstanding'.
Key responsibilities include:
- To teach in a small school for children aged 6 14
- years old with complex needs.
- To develop appropriate schemes of work, deliver engaging lessons and adapt school policies
- to enable the team to achieve the Halliwell Vision.
- To work as part of an integrated team with Residential colleagues.
- To support transition to other schools as part of a planned approach.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- The experience of OFSTED inspections.
- Knowledge of Independent School Standards.
- Understanding of therapeutic approaches to the care of children.
- Teaching qualification such as QTS or PGCE and DfE registration.
We are also recruiting for Edenfield (BB4) and Cheadle (SK8)
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
If you would like to join our team please apply now!