New opportunity not to be missed! Marlin Industries has an exciting opportunity for 2 x Production Operatives to join the team at our Wrexham site. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Do you have great production skills? If so, this could be the position for you!
The Production operative is an important role and one which can have an impact on the efficiency of activities across the business. Production Operatives must work closely with each other as well as their team leader & manager to achieve individual and departmental goals in relation to earnings, Health & safety, quality and environmental aspects. As the people “doing” the job day to day, the operative’s ideas and initiatives are considered valuable and essential not only to the development and success of the department but also to the continuous improvement and growth of the whole organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Operatives
- Carry out production requirements in line with training, work instructions, customer specifications, relevant operational procedures and the company’s Health & safety policy
- Use the appropriate safety equipment and protective clothing necessary to safely carry out your duties, maintain the equipment and clothing in good condition and report any defects or loss to your team leader
- Report all accidents, incidents / problems and near-misses using the appropriate form
- Ensure high standards of quality for all work produced by regular monitoring throughout shift
- Identify & control non-conforming product, and record scrap from production in line with the correct procedures
- Maintain a tidy work area and good housekeeping standards throughout the shift
- Inspect all tools and equipment in your work area regularly, store in the correct place and report any defects to your team leader
- Carry out the necessary actions to prevent environmental damage during manufacturing activities and in the event of an environmental incident (i.e. segregation of waste and control of spillages)
- Other appropriate tasks as allocated by the shift team leader or Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Production Operatives
- Numerate & Literate
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team or with minimum supervision when required
- Hard working with a high degree of self motivation
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good awareness of safety requirements associated with the production environment
- An understanding / experience of production & quality issues
- Experience of SAP computer system
- Problem solving skills
- NVQ or equivalent in manufacturing
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Marlin Industries is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become one of our Production Operatives – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join us.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.