Care and Support Worker
L’Arche Liverpool has an exciting opportunity and is recruiting for full and part time Care and Support Worker vacancies. You will receive a salary of £7.20- £7.50 per hour plus excellent terms and conditions.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant community charity which supports people with Learning Disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred, individually tailored care and support. In a world that values winning and coming first L'Arche Communities are places where people can discover who they are not just what they can do.
We support a wide range of People with Learning Disabilities in their own homes, in our Supported Living Services and provide Day Opportunities and Workshops. Like other support providers we are regulated and inspected to ensure a high quality of provision.
We are looking for individuals for the Care and Support Worker vacancies who are passionate about working with People with Learning Disabilities. We want people who are honest, have integrity, are hardworking, promote dignity, respect and equality. We want people who will work and live in accordance with the values of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
Responsibilities of the Care and Support Worker:
- helping people create a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
- supporting individuals in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- providing personal care with dignity and respect including supporting people with complex health and physical needs both in daily life and end of life care.
- helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling,
For further details please see the application pack
What we offer the Care and Support Worker:
- All applicants must be prepared to work on a rota basis
- Hours will include weekends, evenings, bank holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins.
- 25 days paid holidays(including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second year
- Excellent Training and Induction given on commencement in post
- Salary increases to £7.85 per hour once confirmed in post and qualified to QCF Level 2 or above
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong.
If you feel you have the passion and drive to join our team please click ‘Apply’ today to become a Care and Support Worker.
The successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.