Operations Manager-Warehousing, Distribution & Customer Service
Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum + bonus
Position: Permanent, Full Time - 40 hour working week with 28 days annual leave
The company is a successful UK online business which has its own distribution warehouse in Newcastle under Lyme. Due to continued growth and future expansion, they now require a confident and experienced Operations Manager to assist in the day-to-day running of the business.
This is a senior role reporting to the Business Director and overseeing the Warehouse and Customer Services Departments and the integration of those departments with the rest of the business. A dynamic, focused and driven individual is required to ensure the organisation is running as well as possible with a smooth and efficient service which meets the needs of the company's customers.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive individual ideally with experience in Warehousing and/or Customer Services. Project management knowledge would be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Operations Manager looking to take control of a busy work environment, developing and improving the culture of the business.
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout
- Making sure operations of all services run smoothly
- Assisting with development of the Customer Service team to excel in customer satisfaction
- Improve Customer Service quality & Service Delivery
- Implement continuous improvement
- Review of KPI's, evaluation and planning to drive customer satisfaction
- Quality control
- Introducing processes, policies & procedures
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- Must display enthusiasm and the desire to succeed
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse;
- Must have experience in recruiting staff
- People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team of people;
- Analytical approach to data, offering solutions to problems
- Initiative and decisiveness;
- Technical and IT skills, particularly database management and spreadsheets;
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work on a tactical and strategic level;
- Ability to deal with a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines, with flexibility of working hours
Due to the immediate start of the role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and must be in an easy commuting distance from the office in Newcastle-under-Lyme; it would be expected that you will reside in either an ST or CW postcode.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant Job Titles and Experience of; Customer Service Manager, Distribution Manager, Logistics Manager, Warehouse Operations, General Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, Line Manager, Production Manager, Business Coordinator, Warehouse Coordinator, Distribution Coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator, Business Manager, Logistics Coordinator, Regional Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, may also be considered for this role.