Material Controller - Chadderton, Oldham
Full Time Position
Based: Chadderton, Oldham
Our client is the only UK manufacturer of 4 wheeled metal bins and Large Steel Containers. Their products are used extensively throughout the UK and exported on a global basis.
They have ambitious plans to expand their business both domestically and internationally over the next 2- 3 years.
They are proud of their heritage and capability but also that they are a true UK company competing, successfully, on a global basis.
Our client are looking for a driven and highly motivated Material Controller for their business to manage the day to day running of the stores which will include:
- Managing and controlling the stores area.
- Manage Goods In by checking quantity and quality.
- Ensure all goods and consumables are stored in correct location.
- Ensure all goods are logged in and out accurately using the stock control database.
- Issue items of equipment, uniform and consumables products in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain stock levels and general stock control.
- Re stocking internal stock bins to fulfil kanban requirements.
- Carry out and manage cycle count programme.
- Ensure all stock anomalies are reported and corrected within a timely manner.
- Ensure production cells are kitted with required material in a timely manner.
- Participate in stocktake's as and when required.
- Progress change purchase orders with suppliers.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and focus on Health and Safety of self and others.
- Ensure Health and Safety risk assessments are understood, guidelines are adhered to and take a zero tolerance approach to unsafe working, behaviours and wearing/use of PPE.
The successful candidate MUST have:
- Previous experience of working in a Stores environment ideally within Engineering / Manufacturing industry.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels.
- Valid fork lift truck licence. (B2 Preferred but not essential)
- Computer literate and have experience of working with computerised stock systems (MRP/ERP)
- Full clean driving licence
Closing date for this post will be the:14th October 2016