Caretaker / Handyman
St.Anns Quay Management Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Caretaker / Handyman to join the team based in Newcastle upon Tyne. You will be on a part time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £6,270 per annum.
This city centre apartment block is highly prestigious and in a prime, popular and busy location on Newcastle Quayside. The building has residential and commercial elements, although this role is only associated with the residential and service areas.
The leaseholders are keen to maintain an excellent reputation for the apartment block, creating the right impression for tenants/buyers/visitors.
Caretaker / Handyman – Job Role
This role exists to support the full time concierge, carrying out cleaning duties and providing cover on Saturday mornings and holidays. Due to the transient nature of the apartment block, you will be the main contact for many of the leaseholders and tenants in the property, solving queries where possible and regularly liaising with the management company and Directors.
The role as our Caretaker / Handyman demands a professional, proactive and flexible approach to work, striving to save costs and reduce service charge fees where possible. You will have the right balance of customer service skills in this customer facing role, as well as having practical skills. You must be able to able to work on your own initiative, changing tasks with short notice as required. You need to balance recurring duties such as cleaning and gardening with receiving parcels / deliveries and visitors who arrive.
This is a wide ranging role and you will need to be very organised, effective, approachable and trustworthy.
Responsibilities as our Caretaker / Handyman
- To support the full time concierge in their range of busy roles by taking main responsibility for cleaning and Saturday morning cover.
- To complete a daily report of any incidences/ problems/ disruptive behaviour including a log of visits by contractors relating to the buildings or common areas. To log the time of inspections. Tests completed that day. Report to be send to KPS and Directors of St Ann’s Quay at the end of every working day.
- To assist leaseholders with day to day queries.
- To carry out regular cleaning in communal areas including entrances, corridors, lifts and windows.
- To log deliveries for residents and deliver packages to individual apartments where residents have agreed when applicable.
- To greet residents, particularly in the morning before 9am.
- To sign visitors and contractors in using the signing book and the daily diary as appropriate.
- To politely question all unknown visitors to St Ann’s Quay and assist them where necessary.
- To walk around the building at the start of each day to check for any obvious problems that may require attention, including any breaches of Lease such as unsightly storage, signs in windows, washing on display, etc… To take any appropriate action when necessary.
- To check the generator on a daily basis, (and liaise with contractors on a quarterly basis).
- To check the paths for cleanliness and general state of repair and act accordingly (spillages etc...). To remove any obvious litter or other debris.
- To pressure wash all paths on a routine basis, including the Quayside entrances. This should be carried out once a month, (the actual day is weather dependent).
- To liaise with letting agents to allow reasonable access to apartments and with ADT to test fire alarms and make a log of there instances.
- To ensure any keys that are held are tagged and kept in a locked cabinet, which in turn is held within a lockable room.
- To inspect bulbs in the internal and external communal areas to liaise with Kingston where necessary to replace bulbs.
- Many More Key Responsibilities!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Caretaker / Handyman then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!