A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the Transhipper role
Our Transhippers report directly into the Nightshift Supervisors and need to be able to work well in a busy team with other Transhippers and Outbase operational employee’s including our De-Briefers.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Transhipper
You will play a key role in the customer journey and will make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do by ensuring that the right appliance goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct Transhipping process.
- Operating the FLT to process returned items
- Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
- Checking that trailers going back to Head Office are loaded correctly
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities
As our Transhipper you will be expected to deliver:
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise.
- Ensure damage limitation by handling appliances in line with training
A few things about you
It is important that our Transhippers work together and stay motivated throughout the nightshift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our Transhippers who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
Experience and skills needed to become our Transhipper
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling large products is desirable
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Transhipper apply now!