SQL Database Administrator / Systems Admin
Job Title: SQL Database Administrator
The company is looking to recruit a SQL database Administrator to report to the IT Manager.
The SQL Database Administrator will oversee the daily operation of the various databases at the multiple office locations. There are multiple databases providing several business critical functions to the company which are required to be available at all times.
The administrator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the databases, including input and output, reporting and end user training.
The position will provide support to the company by developing required reports, ensuring staff is trained on the proper use of the database, developing and implementing polices to guide data entry and to ensure that the database generates accurate analytical reports.
This position will be the first point of contact for company staff with questions or problems with the use of the database and will serve as liaison to suppliers in maintaining the hardware and software troubleshooting problems.
- Maintaining integrity of SQL databases
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Good numerical skills
- High attention to detail
- Integration of 3rd party systems into SQL database
- Provide required reporting and analytical information from databases
- Publish data to website
- Provide data entry screens for end users to update database
- Provide full documentation on all databases (technical and end user)
- Maintain up to date software versions of all software
- First line of support for all users of the databases
- Assist/cover for general IT skills when holiday cover required
- Monitor performance of databases that support the company
- SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
- SSIS Deployment
- SQL Reporting Services
- TSQL (views, functions)
- Goldmine CRM experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating technical concepts to peers, groups or executives
- Stored procedures creation
- Visual studio programming
- HTML coding skills
- Microsoft certification for database administration would be advantageous
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, DBA, MySQL, SQL Database Administrator, SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014, DAGs, Clustered SQL Server will also be considered for this role.