Salary: Starting salary will be 15k-16k depending on experience and credentials, potentially rising after a six month probationary period.
Outlook Publishing is a leading digital media brand, producing regional business magazines tailored for and read by industry leading companies and executives around the world.
We are searching for a new Staff Writer to join our hugely successful Creative Services production team, working alongside the Editorial Director, Production Manager and design team to create quality editorial content for the three brands’ monthly/bimonthly magazines and corporate websites.
Key duties of the Staff Writer include:
- Producing daily news content for each of the three websites - Africa Outlook, Asia Outlook and Europe & Middle East Outlook - in line with the Company’s house style, SEO and social media requirements
- Assisting the Editorial Director in writing larger assigned features and company profiles for each magazine
- Posting regular updates and taking ownership of each publication’s social media sites
- Liaising with Outlook’s sales and project management departments to establish new revenue streams for the company via avenues such as media partnerships
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate looking for the perfect first job in an editorial-based environment, looking to apply skills learned at university, while showing willingness to improve upon and hone these skills in a more professional environment.
Key attributes should include:
- The ability to work to deadlines, while still producing quality written work
- The ability to adapt to different house styles and article types
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A strong work ethic and hunger to improve and learn from peers and colleagues
- An interest in the business world including industries such as manufacturing, construction, technology, finance and energy may prove beneficial but is not a requirement
The Staff Writer job title will also evolve into a Deputy Editor role upon successful completion of this probation.
If you think you would be a suitable candidate for this Staff Writer role, please apply now!