Service Desk Analyst
Job Title: Desktop Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £17,000 to £24,500
Our client is an innovative, dynamic technology company serving an impressive array of industry leading customers. Privately owned and established in 2002, they have grown in reputation and influence in the Managed Service Provider space.
The company is striving to new standards in the IT world and they believe this can only be accomplished with the right people. They value their employees by supporting career development and progression. Together they set the standard others follow.
Service Delivery has two area's the Service Desk and Remote Engineers. The Service Desk is separated into 3 teams which are Desktop, Messaging and Infrastructure with each team specialising in that area. Each team works together as a whole from Analyst to Senior Engineer ensuring that knowledge is shared and support is only an arm's reach away.
Service Delivery is at the core of what the company does. The environment is very technical and supportive, after all one of the areas they pride themselves in is their Managed Service offering.
As a core member of the desktop technical team on the service desk you will aim to resolve support calls at your first point of contact from the Customer. In all cases you will see incidents you log through to resolution even when escalating calls to more senior technicians. This approach increases your exposure to different technologies used in the desktop environment and in turn increases your ability to progress your technical knowledge in this area.
As a Desktop Analyst you will be passionate about the company's Customers and will work within the Business Excellence Framework. This includes resolving support calls within Service Level Agreements with the ultimate target of receiving consistently good Customer feedback through Nice Reply and on the company's Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- To provide Service Desk support to clients via telephone and email
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call on the Company's Incident Management Application
- Resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, paying particular attention to Company SLA's
- To escalate calls where necessary to Second Line
- To keep up to date with appropriate technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time
- To familiarize yourself with all key Company systems
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company's offer of training
- Windows 7/8/10
- MS Office - all versions
- Eset, Sophos or Symantec (Norton) anti-virus
- Monitors, Printer and general desktop hardware
- Active Directory skills (Basic account management)
- Exchange 2007/2010 (Basic skills)
- Windows Server2003/2008/2012 (Basic skills)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and trouble shoot IT issues
- Confident when dealing with client requests
- Clear and effective communicator
- Projects a positive, friendly and professional image in person and on the phone
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service
- Desire to study for technical qualifications
- Reliable and flexible
- Good team player
- Minimum of 12 months solid experience of working on an IT service desk in a similar role
When sending CV and Cover letter please consider the following question:
"Do you have 12 months IT Helpdesk Experience?"
Candidates will not be considered if this question cannot be answered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Desktop Support Technician, IT Support Technician, Service Desk Engineer, Service Desk Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Executive, Customer Service Assistant, IT Support Analyst, Desktop Analyst, Desktop Support Analyst, Technical Support, 1st Line IT Support, 1st Line Support Technician, IT Service Desk, IT Support, Computer Science, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.