Part Time Functional Skills Lecturer
Are you an enthusiastic Functional Skills Lecturer with experience teaching Maths, English and IT? Are you looking for a new challenge in a vibrant college? If so then this exciting opportunity could be just the role for you:
Our Epping based clients are looking to recruit experienced and qualified part time Functional Skills Lecturer to join their successful team. You will be teaching Maths and English to Level 2 and IT to Level 1. The department also delivers qualifications from pre-entry to Level 2 so it would be beneficial to have experience at different levels.
The role is to start ASAP and will be between 15-20 hours per week, probably over 3 or 4 days (days and hours to be confirmed). Initially this is a one year fixed term contract.
The successful candidate MUST have the following:
- A relevant teaching qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE or DTLLS)
- The ability to engage your students and pass on your passion for the subject.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Strong classroom management and successful teaching skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to engage young people aged 16-19.
In return, the college offer:
- Competitive salary of up to £32,108 per annum (pro rata)
- An excellent opportunity to work with a vibrant exceptional team
- High quality teaching and learning facilities
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
Due to it being an immediate start it would be beneficial (but not essential), if you already have a DBS on the online update service.
Our client is a General Further Education College for students age 14+. The college offers a broad vocational curriculum and a small academic programme. The bulk of full-time students are aged 16 to 18 and following study programmes whilst apprenticeship provision is growing and diversifying. They offer a range of high quality facilities and this year, celebrated an outstanding set of A Level results with 16 their of A Level subjects achieving 100% success.
Please send your CV to Greg Burns, who is our dedicated FE Consultant, who will be happy to guide you through each step of the process from your application, right up to you starting with the College.