Learning Disabilities Support Worker - Folkestone
Learning Disabilities Support Worker Job in Folkestone
We are looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Support Workers who can offer commitment to delivering high quality care to our clients with learning disabilities in the Folkestone area.
About the Support Worker Role:
You will need to have previous experience supporting clients with learning disabilities or autism. It's essential you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence.
You will be working on either a 1-1 basis with service users, or within a small team of Support Workers within the Folkestone area in Kent.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care. It is also desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care.
What Newcross can offer you as a Support Worker:
- Salary up to £12.65/hr, paid weekly
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year.
To apply for this position, you must have the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving licence and access to a car preferred
- Epilepsy training desirable, but can be arranged
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.