Junior Linux Systems Administrator / Linux Administrator
Job title: Junior Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £25,000 per annum + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Our Client is an established Technology company in Hemel Hempstead. They provide some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with multi-channel customer service and payment solutions including SMS, Web and mobile apps.
They've created a colourful, collaborative working environment at their office where you will find a casual dress code, dynamic work environment, flexibility and an open-plan office. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products/technology and onboarding clients. They have also won awards for investment in their People Strategy.
They are growing rapidly and are looking to add a Junior Linux Administrator to join the innovative and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a role with future career progression prospects.
- Accountable for day to day maintenance of the Company's globally distributed server infrastructure.
- The set up and administration of monitoring tools
- Handling change management requests / code deployments.
- Develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability and security posture.
You will need to have:
- Previous Linux experience.
- Strong understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Desire to focus efforts in both Linux Systems Administration and MySQL.
- Experience in scripting.
- Familiarity with tools such as Splunk, Nagios & Puppet would be advantageous but not crucial.
On a personal level, you will be a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills and, above all, they're looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with them as a company, a willingness to learn from the team and to further develop technical skills.
What's on offer?
- A fantastic working environment
- Life insurance
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Simply Health & private medical insurance group membership (eligible after probationary period)
- Pension scheme
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Focused on education and training (technical talks with internal and external speakers)
- Bike to work scheme (with a secure bike shed)
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Christmas & summer company events
- Discretionary annual bonus
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Junior Linux Systems Administrator, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Software Support, LAMP Stack, MySQL, Splunk, Nagios, Python Administrator, Systems Administrator, Junior Systems Administrator, Junior Systems Support, Business Systems Administrator may also be considered for this role.