Lead Support Worker/ Care Worker / Support Assistant
Job Title: Lead Support Worker
Location: Newcastle, North Tyneside, and Northumberland
Salary: £17,440 (£8.60 per hr)
Position: Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
Closing Date: 7th October 2016
A support provider working with people with a learning disability in Newcastle, North Tyneside, and Northumberland, has an opportunity that you can't ignore!
If you are an experienced support worker, qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent who wants to move in to a supervisory role then you should apply.
You will work with a Support Manager to design the support around individuals.
- Ensure that the support team are competent and focused, and are able to fulfil the needs of the people we support
- Assist the Support Manager to assess the people we support and agree their needs. Produce support plans as needed after the assessment is completed.
- Contribute to the induction of new staff, ensuring all standards are met.
- Contribute to the development of the team and individuals, carrying out regular supervision and identifying training needs. To be part of the recruitment process as required by the Support Manager
- Contribute at team meetings
- Provide on call support as part of a rota
- Act up in the absence of the Support Manager
- Take appropriate steps to protect and safeguard verbal, written and electronically stored information, within the job holder's control and ensure that such information is available to (only) authorised users on request.
- Work with a range of client groups and needs as required i.e. children, adults, and older people.
Your role will be to ensure that the support team are competent and focused, and are able to fulfil the needs of the people we support.
You must be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent. If you are creative, flexible and have great communication and organisational skills then we want to hear from you!
Please be aware that the company will not be providing relocation packages or visa sponsorship therefore only candidates eligible to live and work in the UK will be considered.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support will be considered for this role.