Home Carer - Responder
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Provide care and support to service users and their families within their own homes to manage aspects of daily living, allowing service users to live independently, and promoting their rights, autonomy and choices.
This role will require flexible, evening and weekend working
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of two references, one of these must be your current or most recent employer
Permanent part time position
Hours: 24 hours per week on shifts 7:00am to 12:00 and 12:00 to 5:00pm, including some weekend work.
Informal enquiries to Linda Wood 01346 519994
- Assist and support the service user in a person centred approach to undertake the activities of daily living to help maintain their quality of life and remain at home as per the outcomes and goals identified in their personal plans and in adherence to National Care Standards
- Provide or assist with intimate personal care when required
- Follow procedural guidelines and complete appropriate recording documentation in required formats
- Contribute information in review of service users and updated personal plans
- Work closely with other professionals and informal carers in order to achieve optimum independence for individual users
- Use hand held device in order to access work schedules and record hours worked
- Report accurate and relevant information to appropriate person to assist with the quality of service provision
- SVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care or agreement to undertake in post within specified period
- Willing to commit to training in order to achieve SSSC Registration
- Ability to work in challenging situations with diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards in the workplace
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Home Carer 2009-11-30.pdf