An established organisation/trust are looking for a number of D1 drivers and escorts to join their ever growing team.
Successful candidates will have the responsibility of transporting pupils from SEN schools around the Bedfordshire area on morning and afternoon runs.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE ENHANCED DBS CHECKS
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To assist clients onto and off the vehicle, by means of tail-lifts and ramps where necessary, this will include handling wheelchairs and other aids to daily living. This will also involve collecting and returning clients from their homes to the vehicle, thus providing a door to door service.
- Operate to a timetabled service.
- To liaise with Care Officers and/or Teaching Staff in cases that cause concern, or when conditions require attention to the physical and emotional needs of the client. In emergencies to contact relatives, friends, GP or Emergency Services and Transport Officers
- To ensure all clients are conveyed appropriately, that they wear seat belts / and other relevant safety equipment,
- To ensure all equipment for the use of clients with disabilities is used appropriately and properly maintained.
- To ensure clients are transported comfortably and safely throughout the journey.
- To provide a reliable, courteous and punctual service within the variable road conditions prevailing, always endeavouring to promote a good image of the Council to other road users and the general public.
- To always wear the appropriate PPE issued by the department.
- To maintain a professional and smart appearance.
- To ensure that the assigned vehicle is checked on a daily basis in accordance with the Schedule of Checks prepared by the Fleet Management section as laid out in the drivers handbook
- To point out and record any defects or damage to the vehicle on the Defect Report Forms provided and to ensure any problems regarding the vehicle are rectified.
- To keep both the inside and the outside of the vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- To maintain a daily record of all journey details in the journey logbooks provided.
- To operate all CBC vehicles in conjunction with the procedures as set out in the Drivers Handbook.
- To report any incident or accident involving the vehicle or its occupants to the line manager as soon as practically possible.
- To diligently apply all policies and procedures of the Authority, including those relevant to Health and Safety, Dignity at Work and the Disabilities Discrimination Act.
- To practice and promote fair and equal treatment of staff and clients throughout the course of performing all duties contained within this job description.
- To undertake other journeys, routes and other duties as required, with different vehicles within your contracted hours.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
This is a role that will suit an individual who has a passion for caring for others and wnats to give something back to the community. This is a role that is greatly rewarding but at times can be challenging.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact me immediately on:
email@example.com - 01707 710074