Technical Service Manager / Team Leader – Automotive (AWDO-P2781)
Technical Service Manager / Team Leader that has excellent management skills, metal work, manufacturing / production operations experience with some electrical wiring automotive knowledge is required by a well-established Company based in Wirral, North West England.
SALARY: circa. £25,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications) + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5pm
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Technical Service Manager / Team Leader that has excellent management skills, metal working skills and manufacturing experience with some electrical wiring and automotive knowledge.
Working as the Technical Service Manager / Team Leader you will remotely manage a small team of Field Installation Engineers that will be tasked with fitting custom made cabs and canopies to various industrial vehicles whilst undertaking fitting jobs at overflow points.
As the Technical Service Manager / Team Leader you will play a pivotal role within the business, ensuring that cab and canopy installations are carried out on time at customer sites and to a high standard by driving quality through to your team and in to the business. You will do this by building good relationships with internal departments and liaising closely with the Design Team and Manufacturing and Operations Managers to ensure key milestones in the manufacturing process are met.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, growing Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Technical Service Manager / Team Leader:
- Remotely manage and support a small team of Field Installation Engineers, ensuring works are carried out on time and to the client’s specifications
- Liaise closely with the Design Team and Manufacturing and Operation Managers
- Develop and manage the Job Logic scheduling system ensuring compliance and completion of works
- Develop and manage reporting and review systems
- Develop and implement scheduling practices to maximise the efficiency of each Field Installation Engineer, minimising road time etc.
- Develop and implement team training, which includes devising a training plan, training budget and a system to monitor skill developments and improvements for each team member
- Develop and implement an Asset Plan for your Department that includes a quality and cost analysis of Company vans, including the need for new vans, assessment of additional tools for tools and any new software / hardware that could be used by your team to make them more productive and efficient
- Develop and implement cost control policies for your team covering travel, living expenses when out in the field i.e. hotels, fuel, phones etc.
- With the Operations Manager review and develop the Company’s new H&S plan
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Great team management / leadership skills
- Commercial van license
- Excellent hands on metal working skills
- Good degree of electrical know-how for wiring
- Ability to connect water cooled heaters to IC Engines
- Punctual with good manners
- Common sense & customer awareness
- Competent with PC’s, handheld devices and software
- Team player that takes pride in work
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Hard working and flexibility regarding travel and overnight stays
- Someone who wants to mark a positive impact on the business to drive real change
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Engineering, Metal Working, Automotive Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands
AWD online operates as an employment agency