IT Systems Administrator
- Full Time
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
(Permanent - Full-time)
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.7 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have a vacancy for an IT Systems Administrator to join our IT team.
The role involves:
- Supporting the installation and configuration of server hardware, software and file systems
- Performing routine audits of the IT infrastructure systems and software, ensuring that network infrastructure and backups are up and running
- System performance tuning and analysis of systems logs in order to identify, trouble-shoot, and resolve potential issues
- Applying server side operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Ensuring IT security best practice and implementation
- Documenting and maintaining the configuration of the IT infrastructure
- Supporting your immediate manager in achieving departmental and team objectives
- Deputising for the IT Support Team Manager in their absence
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of server and network administration
- Have experience of using Microsoft server (Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL server; and related system administration tools)
- Have experience of IP Networks and telephony administration
- Have IT security expertise and certification and be able to demonstrate an understanding of best practice and PCI-DSS compliance
- Be able to work independently on infrastructure projects under the guidance of the IT Support Team Manager
- Be able to plan and organise own time in order to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Be able to liaise with internal clients, IT colleagues and suppliers as necessary
- Be confident, approachable and have a “can-do attitude”
- Be able to work well within a team
Hours of work are 40 hours per week worked Monday to Friday, with the occasional need for evening and weekend working. The salary for the role is £26,820.07 per annum. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits including:
- a fantastic working environment working with colleagues passionate about the zoo
- a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with high contribution levels paid by the employer
- healthcare cash plan including dental, optical and physio
- excellent company sick pay arrangements available after 12 months service
- life cover is valued at 4 times annual salary and covers death in service
- Income Protection Insurance protects 50% of your salary due to long term illness or injury
- staff pass which provides unlimited free access into the zoo
- 25 paid holidays and additional bank holidays pro rata to service
- 20 free admittance tickets per year for family/friends which equates to £480
- staff discount from restaurants and retail shops plus a subsidised staff canteen
- access to West Cheshire Credit Union
- child care vouchers
- salary sacrifice cycle scheme
- free car parking
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our IT Systems Administration role by clicking the apply button which will redirect you to the careers page for Chester Zoo.
Closing date for applications is 21st October 2016.
This IT Systems Administrator vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Chester Zoo requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
**IT, Administrator, IT Systems, IT Support, Hardware, Software, System, Networks, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire**