An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join Kingfisher Midlands based in Birmingham.
Kingfisher Midlands forms part of the Bidvest Fresh Group, a principal British supplier of fresh fish to the catering industry; a national supplier with strong local heritage. The spectrum of our client base reaches from small independents to large national accounts.
If you excel at understanding the exacting needs of Customers, regularly exceed their expectations, thrive on selling and enjoy working in a fast paced, targeted environment, then this is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team within a leading food services business based in Birmingham.
This is a customer focused role and as an Account Manager your duties will involve:
- Growing existing accounts
- Developing new accounts
- Ensuring sales targets are met
- Processing orders
- Effective use of all sales analysis
- Management of call diaries
- Prospecting new business, including cold calling
- Develop a strong working relationship with Business Development Managers
- Managing and achieving regularly set targets
Candidates applying for the role of Account Manager should have sales experience (minimum of 1 year) preferably within foodservice (Fish and Seafood experience is preferable but not essential). You should be personable with a proven ability to work in a targeted sales environment.
- You will need to be highly organised with effective time management skills.
- You will also need excellent typing skills to facilitate prompt and accurate data entry.
- You will be able to demonstrate assured and professional communication, both written and verbal. Much of your work will be telephone based, so you must be adept in the art of conversation and inspire our client’s confidence in you.
- You will have sales experience, preferably within foodservice but this is not an essential requirement. We aim to develop all our employees’ potential therefore all new starters are inducted in to our Sales Academy with ongoing learning and support.
- You should be driven and motivated by targets with the personal resilience to work well under pressure.
- Accountability - ensuring effective communication at all times with our Clients. Handling complaints, finding solutions where and when required, ensuring excellent management of accounts.
- You will be confident in your approach to calling
Your working hours will be 8.30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday and usually one Saturday per month , 9.30 am to 12:30 pm for which overtime rate is applicable.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £16,500 - £19,500 per annum (dependent upon experience/qualifications) plus bonus (subject to qualifying criteria) and 20 days holiday + 8 Bank / Public Holidays.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
We will give very careful consideration to your submission and will contact you within 4 to 6 weeks if you have been selected to continue in our recruitment process.
recruitx ref: 52661648 / INDHP