Technical Sales Manager
Konecranes has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Manager to join the team based in the South West Region. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Konecranes provides productivity-enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment and machine tools of all makes. In 2014, Group sales totalled EUR 2011 million. The Group has 11,905 employees, at more than 600 locations in 48 countries.
Konecranes Industrial Service business area offers market leading Maintenance Service Programs and Products for all crane brands.
In order to develop and grow the Product Sales business in the UK we are seeking to recruit a New Technical Sales Manager to cover the South-West region.
The role of Technical Sales Manager will be to meet our customer need by introducing and offering Konecranes latest products and technologies into our existing customer contract base.
Such products would include:
- Wire-rope hoists, chain hoists, jib cranes and light crane systems
- Inverter drives, Radio remote control systems, Konecranes SMART solutions and LED lighting
- Crane Modernisations and Refurbishments
- Consultation services such as Crane Reliability Survey’s and studies
As our Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible in identifying opportunities and converting them into orders through a pro-active and strategic sales management approach.
The position will directly report to the UK Product Sales Manager and will form part of the UK Product Sales Management team. It is expected that the successful applicant will live within the South West region.
Our ideal Technical Sales Manager:-
- A passion for sales and customers
- An engineering background is essential
- Experience in lifting equipment and cranes, is preferable
- A proven track record in sales and business development
- Proactive approach to sales process and sales funnel management
- Capable of communicating technical product specifications when offering a solution
- Skilled in both technical sales and commercial negotiation
- A strong and credible influencer
- A totally customer focused, enthusiastic and dynamic individual
- A good level of computer literacy
- Willingness to travel
Benefits to becoming our Technical Sales Manager:-
- Good basic starting salary plus excellent company benefits
- An excellent and achievable bonus scheme
- Contributory pension with life assurance scheme
- Excellent comprehensive product training
- Company car
- Real responsibility/ Ability to make an impact
- Future UK and global group personal development opportunities
- Company laptop and mobile phone with all the up to date applications
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Technical Sales Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!