Facilities Manager, Maidenhead
Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Facilities Manager to join our main UK office located in Maidenhead, on a full time, permanent basis.
COVANCE is one of the worlds most comprehensive and experienced contract research organizations (CROs) with a tradition of innovation in the science and processes of drug development. We have the ability to offer wealth of services covering all aspects of drug development ranging from non-clinical research services through to post-marketing safety and commercialization services. We are currently the only CRO with this depth of service offerings.
Responsibilities of our Facilities Manager include:
- Technical Maintenance of the building and all installations including Planned Preventive Maintenance - schedule creation and follow up as well as reactive maintenance. Provision of reports confirming maintenance activity. Selection in tender process and contract negotiations with vendors necessary to maintain the building.
- Building Support Services as cleaning, janitorial service, green area maintenance, pest control, security, catering, waste collection & management and other necessary for safe and functional operation of the property: vendor selection in tender process, contracts negotiation and signature, vendors’ management in accordance with agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Business Support Services provision and management: reception, currier, copying / printing / scanning, taxi service, travel etc. Selection and management of vendors if necessary.
- Provision and management of other legally required activity regarding Environmental, Health & Safety, building inspections, fire protection, etc.
- Support and provision of Facilities Services to Covance UK Home Based team following company policies and corporate standards.
- Maintain up to date building documentation and drawing in AutoCAD and paper if necessary.
- Management and maintenance of asset register.
- Cooperation with Landlord following the lease contract.
- Budget management, costs verification and approval and management of finance for additional projects.
- Cooperate with corporate departments as sourcing, contract management, insurance, legal, IT, E H&S in subjects referring to Covance UK operations.
- Co-ordinate the CRMP/BCP programme for CDS UK – liaising with both BCP management, local facilities personnel and the Director.
- Assist the Director of Real Estate & Facilities with the development, implementation and on-going management of the UK property management strategy.
- Provide to senior management on a monthly basis detailed reports.
To become our Facilities Manager you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the job discipline.
- University degree
- Additional education in Property Management and / or Facilities Management desired
Covance's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities at an international organization; to pursue further training and to take advantage of our flexible conditions and attractive remuneration package
There is no better time to join us! So don’t delay, click ‘Apply’ today to become our Facilities Manager.