Plant Maintenance Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Engineer to join our clients Facilities Department.
This is a full time position working 40 hours spread over five days a week hours of work ar 7am to 3pm or 8am to 5pm
The salary for this position is £24000 - 27000per annum, depending on experience, plus benefits.
The core duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly checks to all plant and equipment in the plant room and boiler houses, keeping records updated.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance as scheduled e.g. belt bearing checks.
- Report on any action required to allow correct functioning of plant/equipment.
- Assist / oversee any work carried out by specialist contractors.
- Carry out L8 testing requirements in regard to: water temperatures, chlorination, de-scaling and record results and action taken.
- Monitor plant through the B.M.S – investigating any alarm conditions and rectify where possible.
- Ensure stand-by equipment is checked prior to change over.
- Carry out scheduled changing of panel filters and cleaning of air conditioning condensers and removable filters and filter/condenser cleaning on all air conditioning units.
- Maintain an up to date plant register recording all servicing and maintenance carried out on all plant.
- Maintain all plant rooms/boiler houses with regard to painting of floors and walls, lighting and valve servicing.
- Carry out weekly back-wash of swimming pool sand filters and pump strainers.
- Ensure stock level for spares is maintained.
- Carry out submersible pump checks to all boiler houses.
- Ensure all louvres and lightwells are kept clear and clean.
- Create valve register and carry out servicing as required.
- Provide cover for team members within the department as required.
- Monitor and treat external fountains.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested/required.
Ideally the candidate will hold one or more of the following:
City& Guilds 236 Electrical part 1&2 (or equivalent)
City& Guilds Mechanical Engineering
City & Guilds Electrical Inspection & testing an advantage
Experience of BMS and Control Systems
Experience of Pressure Systems / Water Treatment
Experience of Pool Plant Operation with ISRM/MIMSPA an advantage
Preferably, you will have previous experience within a similar role, be in ownership of high quality repairperson skills; be conversant with plant room equipment such as boilers and pumps.
email me your cv to email@example.com or telephone 01536 316 941