Production Operative / Warehouse Operative / FLT Licence
Job Title: Production Operative
Location: Gateshead, NE8
Salary: £9.45 plus 6.5% shift allowance for the shift pattern stated.
Job Type: Full Time (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
*Subject to review, with an opportunity to becoming permanent
Our Client is a quarto steel plate re-roller, offering a wide range of steel plates suitable for application in numerous industrial sectors, such as construction, bridges, wind turbines etc.
They are now looking to recruit Production Operatives to work within their Operations department, ideally with the heavy engineering industry background.
The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and an excellent customer service manner, be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent attention to detail, be flexible, a team player, demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and be willing to learn and undertake training and development in other areas to suit department development. Employees will be required to adhere to strict Health & Safety requirements.
Production Operatives will be required to work on a challenging paced production line and will be trained to operate machinery/ plant to assist in achieving production volume and to aid the up-skilling of production staff. Machine operating experience preferred, as is experience of using Over Head Cranes and Fork Lift Trucks. Desirably, applicants will have will have a Fork Lift Truck qualification and valid license, however this is not essential as full training will be provided.
The role will involve working a 3 shift system, 40 hours per week (0600 - 1400, 2200 - 0600, 1400 - 0600 hours, rotating) for which a shift premium of 6.5% is applicable.
The above positions will be offered on a 3 month Fixed Term Contract, and will be subject to review, with an opportunity of becoming permanent. Due to the immediate start of these positions, please only apply if you live within the UK.
Production Operatives will be required to learn Primary and Secondary roles to Company standards
- Ensure that you maintain a high level of housekeeping. That your identified work areas are maintained, adhering to 5S standards, including shadow boards, the storage and location of equipment, colour coding of equipment, cleaning and appropriate maintenance of equipment and health and safety
- Provide support to new team members and where appropriate your knowledge and experience to support on the job training of new employees and existing employees
- Ensures that you adhere to required policies to maintain a safe working environment
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with the Companies PPE Policy
- Comply with team briefings and other communication activities in accordance with the latest organisational requirements, to enable effective communication within the Company.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Overhead crane experience
- Flt preferably up to 16 t (7.5t desirable)
- Waggon loading
- Use of Warehousing computers/systems
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holidays + Bank/Public Holidays
Applicants who meet the requirements for the role will be contacted and may be invited to attend an Interview in line with the Companies Recruitment & Selection Policy.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to contact all applicants to notify of unsuccessful applications.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Production Operative, Machine Operative, Warehouse Machine Operator, Warehouse Operative, Production Operator, Machine Handler, Machine Technician, Engineering Operative, Heavy Machine Operative, Over Head Cranes Operative, Fork Lift Trucks Operative will also be considered for this role.