Health and Safety Consultant - Nationwide/Various Locations
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Report to: Regional Manager of Health and Safety
Department: Health and Safety Services
Salary: Competitive salary, available on application
Hours: Full time
Do you have a passion for Health and Safety? As we continue to grow as a business and acquire new clients, we want to ensure we deliver a first class H&S service to our clients.
We want our colleagues to bring their great personalities to work, not just their policies. We are looking for passionate and engaging Health and Safety Professionals with brilliant people skills and a can do approach to ensure we put the client at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds like you, we are looking experienced Health and Safety Consultants to join our regional field based team. We have roles available nationwide, which will involve providing a bespoke and legally compliant Health and Safety service to our expanding client base, of which operate in a wide variety of industries in the SME market.
Please note to be considered for the role you must live within a 30 mile radius to the above area.
Client Care and Service Delivery
* Initial contact with the client within defined timeframe and ongoing relationship management with your client base
* Accurately identify client requirements to ensure needs and expectations are met in accordance with their contracted services and provide relevant, timely advice, reports and information to clients
* Preparation and installation of client H&S policy documentation and inspection reports e.g. system and handbooks within agreed KPI's
* Provision of client training as appropriate to their contracted service
* Ongoing support to meet changing the changing needs of our client base
* Ensure contingency for changes in legislation and agreed/requested amends to the client documentation
* To support the helpline service during normal working hours as requested, providing suitable call summary information to necessary internal stakeholders
* To support our field Sales team in providing Health and Safety advice to potential clients to assist in securing new business
CPD and Commercial Awareness
* We are looking for candidates with a true passion for their profession, who actively commit to personal development in their field of expertise
* To attend internal training and meetings, and any approved external conferences and training courses
* To utilise all learning resources available e.g. internet, memberships of professional bodies, trade publications
* Maintain a good working knowledge of Health and Safety law and practice that is appropriate to our clients and service
* Continual development of the scope of our services, identifying any relevant additional service opportunities within existing and prospective clients
Team work and Communication
* Proactively support your colleagues with changing workload demands
* Strong internal stakeholder relationships in the H&S team and other departments
* To provide a positive and professional image to both internal and external customers
* To share relevant client information, skills and knowledge with colleagues
* To deliver training sessions for clients and internal colleagues as appropriate
* We have a variety of different clients and therefore we are looking for candidates with a minimum of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent experience. You will ideally be either CMIOSH accredited or actively working towards Chartered status to demonstrate your passion in your field.
* This is a home based role with regional travel in your area. We will provide you with a car allowance but there may be times where you may need to stay over to support our clients.
* Strong H&S generalist background and experience, with appropriate technical and professional qualifications
* Strong knowledge of current / proposed H&S law, ACoP's, Industry Standards
* An all-round people person with can do attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and organisation and time management skills
* Demonstrative inside out customer service, both with your team and your clients
* Full UK driving licence and access to own car
We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don't do office politics or "that's not my job". We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME's across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we're on a mission to revolutionise our colleague's and client's experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for the company you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It's a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want likeminded individuals who love to love their job (no 'mood hoovers' here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.