Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Location: (North East / North West)
Salary: Depending on experience
IEP Technologies, a member of the HOERBIGER Group, is the worldwide leading provider of explosion protection systems and services. For over 60 years we have provided protection solutions that can suppress, isolate and vent combustible dust or vapor explosions in process industries. IEP Technologies operates through locations in the US, Germany, Switzerland, UK, France and Turkey designing and servicing systems with a dedicated team of application engineers, regional sales managers and field engineers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our explosion protection Service Team in the UK as a Field Service Engineer.
As part of the Service Team you will be responsible for providing system service to the extensive installation base using IEP systems to protect a broad range of process plants from the devastating effects of industrial explosions. The Service Team also conduct system commissioning following new installations, customer training and emergency response to system activations or system fault conditions.
You will receive full on-the-job training while also receiving internal training from group companies in Europe and external training from third party vendors. The position requires a strong willingness to assume responsibility and readiness to travel. We offer a team-focused national and international work environment that aims to achieve shared success. This is reflected in our commission model which is based on team performance. The Service team support our customers over the whole of the UK and ideally the candidate will be located around the North East to North West of England to fit with our customer base and existing team. Some international travel is to be expected.
Essential Experience & Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- A good basic electrical or electronic background.
- Good mechanical assembly experience gained from working on client sites, ideally on fire or safety systems or pressurised systems.
- Ability to diagnose electrical, electronic or mechanical faults and resolve without supervision.
- Ability to commission electro-mechanical systems, carrying out circuit continuity, impedence and resistance checks and conduct fault finding on control panels and circuits.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Good level of physical fitness as manual handling and working at heights will be involved.
- Ability to work alone and within a small team as required.
- Be expected to work away from home when planned or unplanned and at short notice.
- Be expected to undertake international travel several times per year.
- Have a valid full clean driving licence and a valid passport.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive salary, an excellent bonus scheme, a company car, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a company pension scheme and an opportunity to have a long term career in an established company.