Location: Catcliffe, Nr. Sheffield
Salary: £33k up to £45k depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Holiday: 25 days plus public holidays
About the company
The demands for space, power and cooling are constant challenges for the IT industry. And now cooling technologies such as air conditioning can no longer meet the demand. At Iceotope we deliver cutting edge liquid cooling technology. Designed and manufactured in the UK, our patented technology delivers greater efficiency – occupying less space, creating less noise, demanding less cost and, crucially, consuming less energy.
This role brings the opportunity of working on the European Horizon 2020 Project - named ExaNeSt. Design and specify PCB boards and parts in line with project scope/requirements.
- Specify the PCB boards to be created and used within the systems along with all the parts composing the boards based on project scope/requirements
- Design PCB boards (schematics, layouts)
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with our existing/new manufacturers, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Attend regular meeting with the manufacturers and project team
- Test and validate newly designed PCB boards
- Ensure that safety regulations are met
- Write test reports and all required documentation
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure and ensure that the work is prioritised.
- Capable of planning your own work, commit to your tasks and deadlines and appropriately report to the project team
- To be proactive, innovative and capable of solving problems when arising
- Work in tight collaboration with the project team
- Identify short, medium and long term needs of the business and set goals and timescales accordingly
- Deliver the PCB boards at the agreed deadlines within the agreed quality, performance and safety measures
Qualifications & training
- PCB schematics and layouts
- C/C++ programming
- Experience with a strong background in the field of electronics
- Practical experience of designing and testing PCB boards (multilayer, 8+)
- Practical understanding of high speed/signal (Gb/s) integrity design constraints.
- Experience of high speed interfaces, USB 3.0, HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, SERDES up to 16 Gbps
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Analogue and digital design, ideally in areas of sensors, power management and system level digital interfacing
- AC/DC & DC/DC converters,Power Supplies
- Design for EMC Compliance
- Understanding of medium volume PCB assembly manufacturing and challenges of design for manufacture and supply chain and subcontract management
- Knowledge of Microcontrollers
- With power electronics
- Labview software experience
- Altium software experience
- Knowledge of Ansys tools, mesh creation and model exchange between Solidworks and Ansys.
- FPGA – Xilinx
- Backplane design
Onsite facilities include free parking, café, showers with good public transport links and cycle routes?
Due to the nature of the role all candidates who apply for this role must be eligible to work in the UK.