Sales Executive / Events
Sales Executive / Events
Location: London, Victoria
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000 depending on experience. £30,000 - £40,000 OTE uncapped
Landscape show is looking to recruit a passionate, motivated & experienced Account Manager / Event Sales Executive to help generate sales and increase revenue. This role would combine the development of existing and new sales leads with on-the-job development of wider event and media management skills.
It is crucial that this candidate has the confidence to make high quality and quantity sales calls on a daily basis. It is a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving and requires and individual who enjoys being part of a team and who is also a self starter.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be driven and resilient, with a desire to reach and exceed targets. They will have a proven track record of exceeding targets along with the ability to independently source & close new business and build rapport with potential & existing clients. It would be advantageous to have B2B exhibition sales experience, which involves relationship building or creative thinking.
Initial key responsibilities include:
- Development of sales opportunities from both existing and prospective clients via telephone
- Building up a rapport with current/lapsed clients and managing accounts where appropriate
- Keeping database up-to-date with contact details and sales development status
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying & researching new growth areas for sales
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Floorplan management
- Working on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown of all the shows
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required
Developmental benefits include:
- Regular domestic and international travel to busy and interesting shows to network with prospects and clients
- Industry and event learning & teaching
Key skills required:
- Goal focused, can-do attitude and a drive to succeed. Events are run to critical, immovable dates and the show must go on...
- Methodical approach to work
- Team player and also respond well to leadership/direction
- Excellent administration and organisational skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Familiarity with online networking and marketing an advantage
- A good communicator on all levels: in person; on the phone; and in writing
- Experience of selling to senior decision makers
- Must be able to work independently and have good time management skills
- Well-developed questioning skills with an analytical approach enabling objection handling and value lead matching
- Fluent English (oral and written), additional European languages very desirable
- B2B exhibition sales experience advantageous
If you are dedicated, enthusiastic & hungry, looking for a fantastic opportunity please click Apply now.