Recycling Site Manager
R. Plevin & Sons Ltd have a unique opportunity for a Recycling Site Manager to join our busy team based at our site in Crow Edge, Near Penistone. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic market leader in the wood recycling industry.
R. Plevin & Sons Ltd is one of the UK’s leading waste wood recycling companies and a manufacturer of animal bedding. We specialise in the recycling of all forms of waste wood and produce a range of sustainable products suitable for the panel board industry, biomass power plants and for use within animal bedding. With over 40 years experience, we have built an enviable reputation for service and quality.
The Recycling Site Manager role:
We are looking to recruit a Recycling Site Manager based at our site at Hazlehead, Crow Edge, to have the overall responsibility of running the site. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone with drive and energy to lead the site team with clear, goals, objectives and accountabilities.
The successful candidate will be the central point of contact for the site, liaising with external bodies and providing strategic direction for the site.
As our Recycling Site Manager your duties will include:
- Managerial responsibility for health and safety
- Proactive planning and managing production schedules for the wood recycling and baling operations
- Overseeing all aspects of production performance
- Ensuring compliance with quality procedures to BSI standards
- Ensuring compliance with the environmental work plan
- Managing a team of staff, performance managing, motivating and developing them as required
- Managing service levels and customer expectations
- Liaising with the Engineering Department to ensure schedules are carried out to maximum efficiencies
- Liaising with the Transport Department to ensure vehicles are aligned with production requirements
- Helping to formulate budgets, working within these budgets and reporting back variations
- Promoting team work and motivating the team
- Providing detailed management information and productivity reports
- Representing the Company, developing good neighbourly relations and attending community liaison meetings
Key skills and experience needed to become our Recycling Site Manager:
- A proactive manager ideally with a background of waste management, recycling, engineering, operations management or quality management.
- Experience of working in an industrial environment is an advantage.
- You must be WAMITAB qualified and have practical experience of using lean management tools and techniques in manufacturing/production.
- Change management and team management experience are essential for this role.
- A health and safety qualification such as IOSH / NEBOSH is also desirable.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 standards is preferred.
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits including company pension, 33 days holiday (including BH’s).
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Recycling Site Manager please click ‘Apply’ now!
Plevin is committed to equal opportunities and aims to be an equal opportunity employer.