Teacher of Girls' PE
Are you an enthusiastic teacher of Girls PE? Do you have a passion for encouraging children to partake in an active lifestyle?
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for a PE Teacher at a school in Wirral Local Authority covering maternity leave full-time starting in November 2016 until the end of the academic year in July 2017, teaching Physical Education to girls from KS3 to KS5.
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) NB NQTs and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of PE, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum from KS3 through GCSE and up to KS5
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular sporting activities
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
Our teachers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant for Wirral secondary schools, and a branch with 24-hour on-call facility
- dedicated school co-workers and a great community environment
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course and 'safeguarding training'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme worth up to £300
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards such as 'Teacher of the Term'
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN schools in Merseyside.
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Following registration with your consultant here at Randstad Education, as the successful candidate you could expect an interview process with the school. We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
Please email your CV to Randstad Education's Liverpool branch or give the office a call and speak to Catherine Stockford, the specialist secondary education consultant for Wirral.