Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Latis Scientific is a market leading provider of laboratory services. Our strength is the high level of technical expertise and consultancy we offer all our customers and the quality of the science we perform. Our current laboratory facilities are based in London. We are also developing a series of partner laboratories across the UK enabling us to provide our customers with the same quality of service whatever the analysis requirements or location. Latis Scientific are now part of a multi-national laboratory services company, LABAQUA, committed to the environment and prepared to globally serve their markets and exceed customer expectations. Our ethos is to provide high quality analysis in state of the art facilities with a personal service.
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager to drive sales to new customers while also actively managing a reduced portfolio of current customers, ensuring the highest possible levels of retention and optimising growth and new sales opportunities.
Latis Scientific develop business by providing a premium technical service to their clients and by adding value where ever possible. The Business Development Manager will build relationships with their customers and, by understanding the dynamics of their businesses and structure of their clients, will promote this ethos within the industry with the key objective of driving sales growth
Duties of the role will also include:
- To build and convert sales pipeline while optimising, upselling and promoting organic growth within the portfolio of clients.
- Develop new business contacts and clients for Latis Scientific and introduce new solutions.
- Work closely with the Client Liaison Team to develop sales within their designated client list.
- Learn the technical aspects of Latis Scientific’s clients and their requirements.
- Manage sales inquiries for the designated client group and with new clients.
- Develop suites of tests pertinent to the specific client requirements within their technical field of expertise; including the sub contract requirement of specific analysis not undertaken by Latis.
- Prepare monthly reports for designated client groups; listing sample numbers, customer complaints and enquiries and attend regular sales meetings.
- Keep abreast of water testing technologies and maintain a thorough understanding of the market by attending conferences and committees pertinent to their technical specialty where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities within Salesforce.
- Report on activities and provide relevant information to management.
- At all times work towards personal, Company and Group targets.
- Deliver sales in accordance with targets, as set by management annually.
- Assist in the writing and submitting of tenders.
- To coordinate with the operations team and provide commercial support.
- Listen to customer requirements and present an appropriate and effective pitch in order to make a sale.
Experience in selling products or services as well as experience in the water and laboratory industry is essential. A specific technical background in Legionella analysis is required and a background in water analysis within the Medical Devices/Healthcare industry while not essential, would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in an appropriate discipline and a proven record of success in a sales related role/industry. The ability to understand customer requirements and translate them into viable business opportunities is key to the role, as is the ability to build a strong portfolio strategy to reach targets year on year.
A valid UK driving licence is also essential.
In return you will receive an attractive remuneration package and will work for a market leading provider of laboratory services. This is an exciting time in our corporate development and therefore this is a chance to play an important part in our success.
Hours: 37.5, Monday to Friday.
Location: Based from home - ideally located between London and Birmingham (near the M40).