Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Warden to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 28,000 homes, 80,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve – while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards – not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised Warden to provide excellent front line customer service by working within a dedicated team of Wardens and enforcement staff from Peabody and with partner agencies to investigate incidents of anti-social behaviour, estate security, tenancy enforcement and general quality of life issues.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Warden
- Good level of education
- Experience of community involvement
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to defuse difficult and challenging situations
- Demonstrates a professional approach
- Experience of using a wide range of IT software packages
- Current full clean (MANUAL) driving licence
Essential Physical requirements:
- This role has a pan London scope and the successful applicant will be expected to patrol and travel between sites with the provision of transport
- Will be required to complete a pre-work health questionnaire/assessment for the role
- Proven experience in the area of investigation and enforcement
- Proven experience in multi-agency working, particularly in the area of ASB (antisocial behaviour) and enforcement
Qualifications required by the Warden
- Relevant professional qualification
- Your basic hours of work are 35 hours per week (Monday - Sunday) shift work
- You are required to be flexible and organise your working hours to ensure the effective delivery of all required services and projects taking into account any evening and weekend working and subject to line management approval
- Occasional confrontational situations requiring a high regard for health and safety including personal safety
Closing date & time: 06/10/2016 - 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Warden please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST