Finance Manager – Financial Accounts
Here at Advanced Supply Chain we have a new opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager – Financial Accounts to join our Finance team based close to Bradford with good transport links. We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to make a real difference in a successful growth business.
Advanced Supply Chain is a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from 6 UK locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
The Finance Manager – Financial Accounts will take full control of the day to day transactions to ensure accurate reporting and control of statutory financial records. Ensuring statutory compliance and producing the year-end audit file. You will review, suggest and implement enhanced internal controls. The role will also ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and signed off on a monthly basis to month end deadlines.
The Finance Manager – Financial Accounts role includes:
- Assisting and overseeing the year-end audit preparation and year-end audit file in compliance with current accounting standards
- Assisting and overseeing the reconciliation and submission of quarterly VAT returns to statutory compliance including company cars, fuel scale charges
- Maintaining, reconciling and reporting for all banks
- Producing the weekly cashflow variance report
- Balance Sheet Accounts – Reconciliation of appropriate balance sheet accounts to ensure financial completeness
- Maintaining and reporting on operating and finance lease schedules
- Preparation of central month end journals and journal control
- Assisting in the month end control in closing ledgers process
- Assist and overseeing the Credit Control Function and all standard reporting and Credit checks reviews
- Assisting and overseeing the Purchase Ledger Function and all standard reporting, payment process and internal controls
- Overseeing and reporting on intercompany reconciliations
- Assist Sage 200 champion in ensuring process control, reporting and maintaining Chart of Accounts
- Assisting and overseeing the completion of National Statistic forms
- Communicating and implementing continuous improvement in reporting and controls to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Project work
The Finance Manager – Financial Accounts role requires the following skills and experience:
- Qualified (CIMA/ACCA/AAT) or Qualified by Experience
- Previous accounting experience
- Purchase and Sales Ledger experience
- Experience and knowledge of Purchase Order Systems
- Knowledge of production of accounts
- Knowledge of production of financial variances
- Strong knowledge of financial best practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel (Advanced), Word and Outlook.
- Sage 200
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Finance Manager – Financial Accounts please click ‘apply’ today. We look forward to hearing from you.