General Catering Manager
General Catering Manager
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, London, SE25 6PU
Salary: Depending on experience
Reporting to: CEO
Crystal Palace Football Club is an English professional football club based in South Norwood, London, that plays in the Premier League, the highest tier in English football.
To manage the Clubs Catering Division, specifically match day hospitality, bars and fast food kiosks. To manage and develop non match day business, maximising its potential.
Key Objectives of the Catering Manager
- Set the standard of customer service throughout.
- To create annual budgets for approval of the board and thereafter control all cost centres and monitor, and positively influence wherever possible the departments progress to budgets
- Control stock and replenishment, auditing all stock to every event and also to oversee full audited monthly stock takes.
- Produce menu's and templates for portion controls leading into stock orders and replenishment.
- Liaise with key suppliers and standards of service, account reconciliation and payment.
- Develop sales plans and implement along with monitoring the progress and adapting when and if needed.
- Implementing and monitoring cash and security measures.
- To manage all match day personnel to maximise the required quality of service.
- Carry out regular reviews of standards and where required, carry out internal training for both full time and casual staff on a regular basis in order to refresh good practice and maintain required standards.
- Annually draft a business plan for the financial year.
- Manage the quality control of the kitchen and food offer.
- Managing, monitoring and improving, where required, all Health, Hygiene and Licensing associated with the department.
- Liaise with all relevant other Heads of Departments to ensure that all and every opportunity is communicated and maximised as a consequence of those communications.
Ideal General Catering Manager:
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1 and 2 in food preparation and/or Hospitality degree or equivalent
- Management experience within the catering and hospitality industry, ideally within a sports events background
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Computer literate
- Previous Catering management experience within a large volume site
- Must be financially astute