Location: Beoley, Redditch
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus benefits
Role will consist of a 40 hour working week, with flexible hours needed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an MHE Trainer to join our team based in Beoley, Redditch. The successful candidate will be part of an essential support function to the business ensuring that our team are all appropriately trained and comply with their internal systems and processes. You will be pivotal in developing good practice and audit against this.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Deliver all necessary MHE training/refresher training and assessment to new starters and existing employees.
- Accountable for the MHE training matrix and its on-going maintenance to ensure all refresher training is booked in and delivered prior to expiry of licenses.
- Registration of certificates with appropriate organisations.
- Deliver induction training to include manual handling, food hygiene, warehouse training and health & safety training.
- Deliver all refresher training such as manual handling etc.
- Ability to deliver additional training, e.g. working at height etc.
- Monitoring and follow-up of MHE pre-shift checks.
- Racking inspection/audit and drivers key checks and monitoring.
- Toolbox talks on MHE use and best practice in conjunction with H&S.
- To monitor and propose a MHE replacement programme.
- Support safety and security activities. (First Aid, Fire Equipment Inspections)
- Investigate and follow up the MHE repairs and damage.
- Develop a proactive hazard awareness/accident prevention/workspace planning approach.
- Responsible for walk-round/observational MHE safety checks.
- Spot check people on daily MHE checks to improve fleet management, safety and fleet life.
- Horizon scan/research new forms of MHE, pallet risers, racking, warehouse management methodology (marshalling, lanes, etc.)
- Post-accident re-training/corrective action.
- Policy and process creation and development and audit.
- Must possess either RTITB or AITT qualifications so you can train on our MHE fleet
- Be organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to use a PC and write reports
- People-focused and keen to develop colleagues
- Able to demonstrate a keen awareness for health and safety, particularly in relation to the operation of MHE and site equipment
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
- Confidence to deliver information to a group in a positive and effective way
- Be flexible with their hours of work to meet the requirements of the business
- Other training qualifications would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure
If you feel that you may be suitable for this MHE Trainer role, then please apply now!