Delivery Driver – Multi Drop Courier – LWB Sprinter Van (AWDO-P2776)
LWB Sprinter Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier that has great interpersonal skills with a professional approach and commitment to their work required for a well-established Company based in Southampton, Hampshire.
SALARY: Starting Basic Salary at £19,000 per annum and rising up to £21,000 per annum upon successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, plus Performance Related Pay (up to an additional £1,800 per annum) + Benefits
** Previous Experience Preferred. However, Full Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a reliable and responsible LWB Sprinter Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier that has excellent customer service skills. Ideally you will have worked within the parcel / postal delivery industry or looking to enter this field.
Working as the LWB Sprinter Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you will be tasked with delivering parcels within your allocated route, which should be covered within 80 to 120 stops per day, depending on the area covered.
As the LWB Sprinter Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you should have excellent customer service and time management skills to ensure you meet timed delivery deadlines and portray a professional Company image to the customer.
Previous experience working as a LWB Sprinter Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier or similar experience within the postal service delivering packages would be extremely desirable.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out a routine inspection of allocated vehicle to ensure it is safe and roadworthy in accordance with the Employee and Vehicle Handbook
- Report vehicle maintenance requirements to the Transport Manager, using relevant paperwork
- Ensure your allocated vehicle is maintained in accordance with required inspection standards
- Drive your allocated vehicle with due care and attention in accordance with the Highway Code of Practice
- Deliver and collect all requested freight in line with set expectations and instructions
- Operate as per training and instructions, your allocated PDA
- Comply with local procedures with regards the handling of high value goods
- Comply with local rules regarding cash handling and ensure all Company money is submitted on day of collection
- Complete any relevant documentation, such as mileage and vehicle defect sheets, as per local requirements
- Work in a timely and efficient manner, complying with local deadlines to avoid incurring fines to the business
- Report any operational issues or concerns to the Transport Line Manager
- Represent the Company’s brand by maintaining a professional appearance and wearing full Company uniform at all times
- Work in accordance with Company risk assessments, manual handling training and Health and Safety guidelines at all times as set out in the Employee and Vehicle Handbook
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates should:
- Anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of existing and potential customers
- Show support for business values and demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity
- Respond positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance
- Be able to work in a well-structured manner with strong organisational skills
- Ensure tasks are completed by set timescales, accurately and with an attention to detail
- Build and maintain good working relationships, able to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Candidates will be required to have a comprehensive 5 year work/education history background check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Southampton, Hampshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency