Location: Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire
Salary: Circa £40,000 + Benefits
Background to the Fleet Manager role:
At Newton we implement transformational, award-winning change across a wide range of sectors and projects, from construction of major defence assets, improving adult social care for local authorities, improving transport operations, and transforming patient care whilst making significant savings across NHS trusts.
Our work doesn't just benefit higher levels of organisations, it also benefits their service users and staff who are often working in hugely meaningful roles within the NHS and social services. Recent projects have achieved results that have not only saved millions of pounds, but have also greatly improved the quality of life for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Newton is recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Top Companies to Work For because of our workplace values and culture, as well as our professional achievements. At the 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards Newton also won three major categories, including Business of the Year and Employer of the Year.
Our strength and success comes from bringing together talented and inspirational people. We hire and train the brightest minds and immerse ourselves in businesses, actively implementing change using a unique hands-on approach to generate significant and sustainable operational and financial improvements. And we guarantee savings on a 100% no results, no fees model. It may sound unusual – in the consultancy world it certainly is - but then Newton is a unique company.
Our Business Support Team enables our consultants to do the best that they can do. The BST acts not only as a provider of services to our consultants but also as partners to the business, and in many cases, driving its growth.
Due to continued growth, Newton is looking for a bright and capable Fleet manager, to join our Business Support Team. The role is permanent, full time and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
Purpose of role:
- The successful candidate will run the company’s car fleet of over 180 cars (growing at a rate of approximately 20 to 25% per year). This will include delivering performance reports, monitoring fleet information, operating the fleet management system, reviewing the procurement of fleet cars, optimising the fleet management to render it scalable to beyond 500 cars, and continuously driving improvement in the operation of the company’s fleet.
- The role also involves monitoring our grey fleet and adherence to the car policy.
- Improving fleet administration standards and policies.
- Ensuring driver safety at all times.
- Managing the scheduling and planning of the fleet’s MOT, tax, insurance, servicing and all other requirements.
- Managing and maintaining fleet records.
- Liaising with our finance department to ensure they have complete and up to date information on the fleet at all times.
- Vendor relationship management.
- Budget management
- Optimising the fleet.
- Ensuring legal compliance.
- Reviewing current fleet composition and recommendation of any improved vehicle acquisition strategy based on best practice in the context of the groups future requirements, and if appropriate, project managing and delivering those changes.
- Working closely with our logistics manager to ensure full cover across both fleet and logistics.
- Staying up to date with changing transport laws and regulations.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing a medium fleet of cars, vans or lorries is welcome.
- Strong skills across fleet policy, vehicle and supply and asset management
- All necessary qualifications (CPC welcome)
- Experience in vehicle leasing/purchasing, vehicle financing, transport administration and transportation management
- Good understanding of the finance, insurance and tax aspects of fleet management.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Business management, IT and organisational skills
- Proven ability to interpret figures and spot trends
- Flexible approach and capacity to make decisions
- Proven ability to meet targets
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on own initiative
- A pleasure to work with
- Sense of humour
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Fleet Manager role, then please apply now!